Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might already know, I have two lovely little girls. They're probably around 13 weeks now. They are so loving and social. I am so happy with the girls I have...I was just wondering at what point should I add on to my mischief? Do you think that it would be good for them to have an additional playmate or two? I would almost certainly adopt a pair because I know that the introduction process takes a while. I know this isn't really a question with a definite answer, I'd just like to hear your stories and suggestions about how you went about getting your second round of ratties.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I add every 6 months to a year as I like to have a mixed age group. I couldn't bear losing them all in quick succession and I think they benefit in terms of emotional stimulation from being in a mixed age group.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I got two girls and then added one more (cage at the time was only big enough for 3) probably 2 weeks later. I then added two girls to that 3 when they were about 1 year and 4 months old.
You can really add any time... any time GGMR strikes that is (gotta get more rats!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts