Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He hates it. "Tootie" on the other hand doesn't mind it. I've had them for about 1 month now. Althought "Gunther" sure loves to play with me. I want him to want to be held. :(

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Don't be too upset. Gunther might enjoy being held as he get's older but he also might not. Some rats just like to explore, and run on their owners. I still can't get my one rattie to sit still! Plus one month isn't terribly long for them to have bonded yet. Patience! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've heard that if you hold it enough, like once a day (even though he may not like it) he'll be like "hey, this isn't so bad!" :p My rats on the other hand HATE to be held, and I've been doing that, so I don't know.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Zach, I was thinking of you the other night, I realised if I closed the doors of all the rooms my hallway was rat proofed. It has made such a difference. Rats that would not usualy want to climb on me from the cage were alover me. I sit on the floor and I have rats on my shoulder, my head :lol:
The seem to like it on thier own terms

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Toolie I thought you'd be interested to hear that my Penny (the rattie that won't sit still) let me take her out and she stayed in my arms for nearly 20 mins!!! :) I've had her since April, and she is just now starting to calm down! :) (I was singing to her if you want to try that)

One thing I forgot to mention is that at the beginning Penny really didn't like being held but if I was wearing a hoodie she would curl up in the hood/sleep/anywhere she found comfy!!! So if you can stand the summer heat with a hoodie on you might want to give it a go!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats wonderful mopy! Guther wants down, he strugles to get loose. But I guess I need to be patient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts