Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I always pick my rats up via my hand, or via my shoulder. (if they're above me or I'm kneeling)

Can't say I've ever tried having them come up to my foot, though. lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
If they are on the floor, I will usually try to get them to come and get into their carrier. If coming from the cage, I have the door open, so it rests on the arm of the easy chair I hav there, so they can hop right out and into my lap

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Just to my being I guess. It would depend on the situation. If I am standing up my foot, if they are near my shoulder or near my hands. Or if I am sitting down often my lap.

In general when I am calling them it is to pick them up but they usually just come near me and I scoop them up.

I have a three girls who have issues and don't love being picked up. They are trained to go into an octopus bed. It is super cute lol I just say get in mr octopus and they all run and jump in. All of my other girls have seen it so it gets swarmed!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i ber that is so cute! id love to see them in it my new boys are learning to come to my hands right now

·
Registered
270 Posts
My girls like to follow me like dogs. I pretend to run from them, and they run after me. When I stop they will climb up my leg, and even all the way up onto my shoulder. Now they do it less often because they have aged, and got fatter. And when I open the cage they usually get inside my hoodie jacket which is tucked in my pants. Or better yet inside a sleeve - they like to travel around the house inside a sleeve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts