Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently lost older male,,,looking to get 2 new rats,, for the 1 we have left. Do we re-home? or deal with a breeder? Example: found 2 boys, about 5 months old needing a new home,,cage accessories, they look good, healthy, playful..Would they leery of new owners? Would bonding be? Help and hints would help.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Most of my rats have been rescues or preowned. Some from 3 to 5 months old, a few older, and all of these grew to love me and be great companions. My first heart rat was originally 5 months old and had been owned by another person before me. It may take a few days for them to know you, but if they are socialized, you should be successful. If they turn out to be unsocialized, we have great threads (the immersion thread is my favorite) and people here with advice to help you. Ultimately the choice of where to go and which rats to adopt is up to you, but there are great rats on offer from previous owners, rescues, pet stores, etc. and all the advice and help you need to help them be the best companions they can be.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help,,,we may go ahead and see if we can re-home ,,,will take the baby step to make the transition less stressful, for the critters,and for us, I guess , just give them lots of nuggies, chin /belly rubs,,,,

·
Registered
100 Posts
My first heart rat was originally 5 months old and had been owned by another person before me.
This ^. If you feel a connection and like all is right, then I say go for it & re-home! But it is up to you to know what feels right. Good luck! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts