Rat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I got some from a hardware store in the middle of nowhere. Like a farm and feed store.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If you do get invermectin from elsewhere, pay close attention to the dosing. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah I figured a littel tube was enough for a horse i just look a tiny tiny bit and diluted it for my guinea pigs.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I think it's usually recommended it be a pellet the size of an uncooked grain of rice for a rat...

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can get it at any farm and feed store, like Tractor Supply. :) There's also the internet, if you're trusting enough to do that. I got Ivermectin off of eBay from a seller with a horse-related store.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'd get ahold of some Kitten Revolution instead of Ivermectin!!! My friend's rats all died after their dose of Ivermectin, Revolution works just as well and it's way easier to get ahold of.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Worm - did your friend give them too big a dose, maybe? Emily and I gave all of our rats a round of Ivermectin when we only had six, and we've never had any problems. It was also very effective, with all of the other measures like cleaning the cages as needed and things, of course. They're only supposed to get a dose about the size of a grain of rice, approximately, according tot heir size. Have you any idea how much your friend gave hers?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Puppy or Kitten Revolution is by and far more recommended for fleas, mites, and lice than invermectin. Mostly due to dosing problems, I think. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.