Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any sites to get nifty "huts" and such? I've been looking around at local pet stores and some sites, but I haven't found anything cool, or for the most part, big enough. Help please? :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I don't know about websites, but have you looked in the other sections at the pet shop? Like the section for rabbits or ferrets? There are some nifty things that you can pick up there that are also good for rats.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
the bird section has some really neat climbing toys. and the organizing section in the dollar store has some neat stuff you can use with bit of imgination. a popular item there is the organizer trays that can be hung in cages with zip ties or shower hooks. extra levels can be made from metal shower shelves as well. and dryer hose strung up in the cage makes excellent tunnels. hamster balls are another favorite to tie in cages for extra hidy holes and nesting places. oh and lava rocks are wonderful things if you can get them to walk them (i have mind situated so they have to use it to stand on to drink) to wear down sharp nails. ferret litter trays can also be hung up to a side of the cage for a nest place and small level. and chinchilla blocks (the thin slabs of marble or other smooth stone) is excellent for summer months for rats to lay on to help keep cool.

barring all that there's a site called kim's ark that specailizes in rat toys and other things for rats. i don't know the url but google "kim's ark" and you'll find it. i believe they will ship just about anywhere.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like places like petco.com Petsmart.com kinda places like that, I'm sure if you try to google it you might find something fun that isn't like the big chain stores.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've been looking around but I don't really see anything I like. So, I'm going to make a little make-shift hut until I find one that is perfect. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts