Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been struggling on deciding why cage to buy so I figured asking here might help a bit. I have three boys. Two are under six months and very wild. I plan on buying them a new cage soon and am stuck between the feisty ferret and critter nation. The issue I have is I will be going out of state to college in a few years for veterinary school and I'm not sure the critter nation is small enough to easily take with me or easy to take apart. However, one of my rats is blind and the feisty ferret ramps look very steep and not disability friendly. If anyone could compare the two cages, that would be great because I have no idea. If you have any other cage suggestions that might be better, that would be really great too. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the critter nation cage and love it! The bars are close enough you can hang things but no ratties can get out. it is easy to clean and with having both doors open helps a lot. The only down fall is it is rather heavy and would take two people to move it but it is on wheels so when you get it in the room it is easy to move around.

·
Registered
604 Posts
When I was looking for a cage for my boys, I went through the same dilemma. I will be going away for vet school in a few years as well and I was concerned about the size of the critter nation. But honestly, I saw the DCN put together at a Petsmart and I fell in love. Though it is difficult, it can be taken apart when the time comes and you can downsize to a SCN, which is much more convenient for traveling, yet still big enough to care for the boys (make sure you keep the assembly directions so you can work backwards). If you don't want to deal with the hassle of a DCN, get a SCN right off the bat! I love the CN design and have yet to find a single flaw in it. But if you decide to go with the other one, I'm sure your blind fellow will adjust to the ramps with time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love, love, LOVE my Critter Nation cage. I have a Double Critter Nation. So easy to clean - I find it so low maintenance, and my rats are obsessed with it. Tons of room for them to run, and for me to decorate :) Definitely go with Critter Nation, in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all :) double critter nation it is haha. What site would be good to order from? I typically use amazon but the price fluctuates constantly. Every time it's a decent price, it goes back up by the time I get the chance to order it. It's quite frustrating lol

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you aren't seeing a good price on Amazon, check Ferret.com. Their prices are the best I've seen when you can't get a good price on Amazon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I got it for around $214 which I don't think is too bad...now to (not so) patiently wait for it to get here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts