Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 rats. One is loaded with whiskers while my grey one has none that we can see. I know what the whiskers allow them to do but I want to know why see does not have any. Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
What's the one without whiskers' fur like? Is it normal or super soft or curly or patchy or... missing?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Do you have any face-on photos?

True hairless don't have whiskers, but I'd think a furred rat should.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's see. the rat without the whiskers (alice) is gray. she has sort of kinky fur but its not extremely long or anything. When I got the rats, the lady told me that they were rexes but my other one is just a short haired black & white so I dont know. I dont currently have any photos just because my computer is in the shop and Im on someone elses. Ill try and come up with something though! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Rex rats have curly fur. They also have very curly, squirrely whiskers in some cases. Standard rats have straight fur and straight whiskers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My two girls are definitely not rexes then. I did find an old picture of the girls when they were younger. Its hard to see but it almost looks like Alice (grey) had whiskers in the picture!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It does look like she did have whiskers then. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts