Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching my boy Zoei clean himself and I notice a slimy clear white thing it looks like a ball with a tail. like a tiny curl and is very very small. it just fell off him while he was cleaning so i took it out. i found two of them I am very worried about it, am i over reacting? i just got him so he isn't very warmed up to me yet and won't let me hold him to check him properly but i can try to take some pictures and add them to this, please help. i've never read about this happening before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do not look like bugs they haven't moved since last night ( i put them on a tissue...) so i think they are just mucus balls.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
errr... ok..... help lol. Well I honestly have no idea, and I'm very tired. The only thing I can think of is it's the waxy plug you might find after ratties mate. The males whatnot hardens into a plug. It's a form of insurance, so the male who did the deed knows another won't go for sloppy seconds. sigh it's too late to be talking in euphemisms.... so maybe that's what it is?

I'm sure someone will find a much more logical answer but I don't THINK you need to worry. {{{calls for mods}}} :) lol anyhoo, as you can see, I've gone sleep insane. Ganight!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much for the input at least, i was kind of thinking something along those lines as well but i couldn't understand why that would be since i only have my 2 boys and no females anywhere in my house...your post made me feel much better though and reassured i am just being spazzy and have nothing to worry about really.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
They look like "Penis Plugs" to me. Common in male rats. How old is he? It's usually more common in older rats, I believe.

I don't have much info on them - but I'm sure others can give you the ins and outs :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He is between 3 and 5 months, not too old yet.
ive never noticed my older boy do that I'm pleased to know i was just over reacting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts