Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are decorating your cage for Halloween? I thought October just wouldn't feel right without it so I went and decorated mine on Thursday after cleaning it. My ratties love their Halloween hammocks. Lol. My cousin even stated that they are very spoiled. XD

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I don't know if I'm decorating mine or not but yours looks amazing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That looks awesome! Although if it were me, I'd have a hard time going anywhere near the cage since I'm utterly terrified of spiders. lol

I'm a sucker for the holidays so our house is always brimming with cute little holiday bric-a-brac. It has always been a bit harder for me to do the same for my small pets (since all of the nice fleece cuddely stuff is a bit costly), but I love trying to make their cages look as festive as possible.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh my goodness I love it! Where did the festive supplies come from? (Where I live we only have Walmart.. hello internet) I really want to get one of those 'scary' Halloween rats ;D any ideas to help me with festive decorating?

·
Registered
145 Posts
No decorating this Halloween, funds are a little tight this month. (being an adult sucks haha) But your cage looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought everything from the dollar store, minus the fabric. All of the fabric is from JoAnns. =P
I did here that Target has skeleton rats this year though. I was thinking about checking it out. Lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is our first round of our girls' Halloween cage. We're holding back a few things so they have some new stuff throughout the month.

The stuffed pumpkin in the back is a dog toy. I take the stuffing out and fill with fleece strips so it's safe when destroyed. I made the pocket hammock hanging on top and the flat pumpkin hammock was a fleece pillow at the Dollar Spot at Target. Took stuffing out, sewed back together, and hung it up!

Table Furniture Room Canidae Toy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do your ratties chew on the spiders and other festive stuff you have on their cage for decoration? I feel like my Luna would chew all that stuff apart, but it looks absolutely awesome!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts