Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So she hates her medicine, like really hates it and its always a struggle getting her to take it. But we always manage it one way or another ;)
But after she takes it via seringe, she always rubs her mouth/teeth along the floor of her cage when I put her back! Always! Is that a way to show how much they hate the taste and are trying to take the taste away? Or is she just a weirdo ;)
I have 7 others and a few of them have had to take medicine before, none of them have ever done this!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
She might be trying to wipe her mouth without cleaning it. If she cleans it then she is licking it and tasting it.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
That's it exactly. They either dislike the taste or its super sticky and they don't want to get it on their paws and have to lick it off lol, I call it chin/mouth wipe and paw rub.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I call it there icky face lol, lilspaz' is a bit more mature!

Have you tried mixing it with foods? Often theres a combi that certain rats will take anything in, but you sometimes have to work to find it

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She used to take it in bread, but not any more!
She sometimes takes it in yogurt and baby food, but not always! She's so difficult!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts