Rat Forum banner

Why does she keep throwing it?!

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  FelineWolf 
#1 ·
Well, I tried my ratties on carefresh, and it has done wonders for Asia's breathing.
The only problem is; Suki keeps throwing it out! And I mean literally piling it up at the side of the cage and either kicking it or (I have actually witnessed) throwing it piece by piece through the bars of the cage! :roll:

As amusing as this is, it's a bit of a pain, I don't want to go back to the sawdust I had them on because of Asia's breathing (it wasn't terrible, but obviously no respiratory problems are exactly good) but it's becoming really annoying having to clear it up all the time. There is a solid barrier about an inch or two high around the bottom tray bit, I wonder whether to put up something to increase this height, but then I don't know where to start, what material to use etc!

Help! Please! :D Any advice on a different bedding material to try or something to stop her throwing it out?

#8 ·
Okay heres an extremely cheaper and easier solution... Lay down some fabrice flooring and get a small container for the litter box and litter train your rats. This will make them feel alot better...

This means no dust!

Easy cleaning!

Everyone's Happy!

I think your rat might not like beddings. So try my idea! =)

#10 ·
kk i hope everything goes fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.