Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look around the housing part, it's all about the FNs on this forum (okay, I personally don't have one, but I can tell what's popular around here!). And then, everyone asking how to cover the bars, where to find the mesh, problems with covering the bars, etc.

All rat lovers out there ought to band together, and demand... the Rat Nation! Same concept you all love, except with smaller bar spacing. Seems like that would save a lot of people a lot of work.

They're a business, they'll make it if they know there's a demand!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Actually, there is a petition out their to have Midwest produce a Rat Nation, however it's not really sure if they will and if they do it may cost even more than the Ferret Nation already does. :?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh.
Well, that would be sad if it cost more! But I guess it would use more matieral if there were more bars involved...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Probably deeper pans as well. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I like that idea, Lost!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is quite a late response, but I can't help but wonder, if there is a market for it, why they don't just make the bar spacing on the FN smaller. Market it the same, but just have smaller bar spacing. Surely it can't get too small for ferrets?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Deeper pans would be amazing. I've looked at some pictures of FNs (I'm not sure if you get get them in England) and they look FAB. They're so pretty!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Smaller bar spacing would mean more materials, more weight, and more cost. FNs are already pricey, so making them even more expensive would be a risk, because there are cheaper alternatives. They may sell a few more to rat owners, but they may lose business overall.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
many people have e-mailed the ferret nation people and every time they get a response saying "we're not actually making a rat nation any time soon but thanks for the idea." :( just fyi, sad day.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, all you entrepreneurs out there, here's your next big idea! If you could make it work, which hey, anything's possible, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts