Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive gone through 2 comforter blankets, and just now found that i had put her cage too close to my bed.. another blanket shredded. thats 3 all together, mum aint gunna be happy about this. a second blanket in a week would mean the end of my ratties!! so im gunna have to stash it in the closet until i can dispose of the evidence. muahahahha

anyone else have this problem?? Noodles is such a... Bum?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like they're looking for something soft to nest with. ;) Though, I've always had ratties pull anything into their cage if it's too close. It's something you need to keep an eye on. Anything close enough to the cage to get pulled it is "fair game" and will get chewed/destroyed.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yes my lovely squishy boys did that to my kimono that i got a few christmases back. and they have helped redecorate many a blanket of mine if i feel asleep with them on my bed. i'm getting one of the blankets repaired now and the other i patched up. the kimono sleeve is a gonner but i only really used it as a house coat anyway.

if you don't want them to chew on something or really mind if they do don't let it get near the cage and don't let them near or on it during play time either. but most things can be repaired if you have a mind for it or enough scraps of fabric lying around.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I had a T-shirt I threw onto the table next my girls' cage. The next day, I couldn't find the shirt, but later discovered that the girls had pulled it into their cage through the bars. It appeared they had happily played with it and chewed on it for a while before pulling the biggest piece into their litter box :roll:

Needless to say, I have not worn that shirt since :lol:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Previous ratties of mine have destroyed a show curtain, but other than that they haven't gotten into much. I'm always supper picky about what goes around their cage, for their physical well being and my mental health.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
just about every tshirt i own is now air-conditioned, thanks to my ratties, lol...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
just about every tshirt i own is now air-conditioned, thanks to my ratties, lol...
what a delightful way to look at it! :) I think when people inquire about the occasional hole in my shirt that's what i'll say :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts