Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's not one thing it's another with this rat. He's stopped chomping me, but he still gets puffy and hissy and threatens, sometimes putting his teeth on me. Now he hops on my arm and starts doing what looks like humping. The first time I was surprised, second time I shook him off and he really got mad. I threw a pillowcase over him and put him away. It was 4 am and I needed to sleep.

What the heck is going on? His brother Eddie is such a sweetheart. Herman is a handful.

·
Registered
367 Posts
In dogs it can be a sign of showing dominance. I think in this case it might be similar? I dunno, I'm sure someone else will weigh in

·
Registered
222 Posts
He is overly hormonal and being a dominant jerk. I would recommend getting him neutered ASAP. In the meantime, do not let him climb over your arms/hands or let him mount you. Be careful touching his hind end/back, it may trigger him to bite you. He's not quite right in the head right now, so best to get those hormones under control.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Id agree he's being a hormonal grump. You could try firm handling (wearing glaves) to start with but he does sound like hes got more hormones than he knows what to do with. Finding a good vet to neuter him could be a real releif for him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts