Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took this video last night of my Remy and...it's quite interesting. I've had this boy for nearly a year and I've never seen this before.

https://instagram.com/p/8O-5oBv674/?taken-by=veeveelaa

I just started petting him and his tail started wiggling. I know the regular tail wag when they are in a tense/excited state, but I haven't hear anything about this kind of wiggle! Considering his relaxed posture, I'd consider this a good feeling. Has anyone had this before in their rats?

·
Registered
195 Posts
omg thats so funny! your rat is soo big and handsome, this is the best thing i've seen today by far.
none of my girls have ever done this though

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, thank you! He is quite big isn't he? X3 It's ironic though because I call him my little boy. I recently redid their cage setup and he was so tired at the time. He must have have been extremely comfy. This is my favorite video of him and I'm glad to have caught it ^^ I'm really curious though if this behavior was seen in other rats before because I did extensive research on rats before-hand and I've never seen this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My boy Jellybean does this too! How funny! I always thought that just meant max happiness in him; usually he'd be bruxing and eye boggling while tail wiggling, so I just kind of assumed it meant he was very happy. Maybe your Remy is just being super happy?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He definitely looked really happy haha. That's his favorite spot on top of the cage so he was super comfy.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's awesome that you were able to capture that! My Duke did that once when he and Hartley were grooming each other. And Hartley rarely grooms him, so I think Duke was just uber happy to have the unexpected lovey time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blood and Submarauder do that sometimes. Kind of surprised me at first but I guess the little dudes are really happy!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's super cute and, like I said before, my favorite video! I'm really happy to have it. This surprised me at first too :0 I had no idea what he was doing with his tail. I noticed that after I quit petting him that he must be doing it because I was petting him. Then, sure enough, when I went to capture it on video he started up again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts