Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on animal planets website today and found a video of a wild rat rescue.

The little guy/girl got stuck in a glue trap and someone from animal control rescued it.

I really wish they'd stop selling those glue traps, they honestly are horrid.

Here is the video if anyone wants to see it.

***WARNING*** They do show it trapped on a glue trap.

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/animalcops/sanfran/videogallery/video.html

·
Registered
229 Posts
Poor little thing. At least it was saved, but it shouldn't have even been trapped in the first place. I hope that lady takes the officer's advice and at least uses a more humane trap from now on. Did you notice how she was cowering behind the guy when the officer brought the rat around? ...What's it gonna do? Use its magical rat powers to free itself from the glue and latch on to her face? :roll:

·
Registered
418 Posts
What an adorable rat! It seems more grey in color than the ones I get around my neighborhood. I'm glad she saved him (I'm almost positive it's a he). Those traps are horrible. The person who invented them needs to spend some time in/on one!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I always liked that officer before - now she has my total respect! I loved her rants about humane traps vs. glue traps, and how she was so firm in telling those people the truth about glue traps.

On the snap traps though - I have personally seen mice alive and struggling for hours in those stupid things. There really is no 'humane' trap to kill rodents, unfortunately. Don't even get me started on people who lay poison down.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
awwww, he is such a cutie!!! poor little guy. i know, that lady who set the trap was ridiculous. it was stuck to glue, it could not have gotten free. plus, even if it was not stuck to glue... it would have just ran away. it wouldn't have eaten her first. she a hundred times bigger than the rat!!! good lord

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Aww, he seemed so sweet for a wild rat too. Poor thing. Those people are stupid for setting them out and calling animal rescue. Why did they set the trap out in the first place if they were going to call the rescue to save it?! Doesn't make any sense to me at all. And they seemed all flustered about her setting it free outside. She was like "DER OUTSIDE" and they were all like "GASP!" Just didn't make sense. I think they might of been fine with it if she would of just said it was a mouse dumb people.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Aww that is terrible. I've seen that video before. There are humane ways to catch them and have them live. I don't really like the idea of snap traps, just because they don't always works properly. Before I had seen this video I hadn't even heard of glue traps. They are absolutely disgusting. I'm glad that the rattie was able to get in a better situation.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
yup I hate that stupid woman! I hope she gets caught in a sticky situation where some one will take pity on her and save her.............ok anyhoo that's my rant.

Sadly I lived in an apartment where my roommate set down a snap trap :( there will be no more killing traps of any sort around me EVER!!!!!! Fear is truly just a lack of understanding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts