Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a guinea pig but they need hay and im alergic to that soI am getting rats. but will my C&C cage work for the rat? the grids are not 1"x1" they are made out of mesh.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If the grids are smaller than 1x1 than it should be fine :D. Actually, a fair amount of rat people like using them, I would if I could find smaller grids locally.

Hope these are enough examples fo ryou ;). Sorry for the picture overload, a friend of mine collects pictures of different cages.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would say zipties, as those connectors can leave some extra space ;). Don't want to risk babies getting out!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Brandon16166 said:
can i use towels as a bedding and just lay it across the bottom.
Depends on how actively your rats dig! I made a temporary cage for my girls out of that material, it worked out pretty well I think, except that they looooved to get in between and under the layers of fabric I'd used, and then the pee wasn't absorbed, and it was just a general pain.

And I used the connectors- not sure how young your rats are, but mine were about 6 weeks, and I didn't see any chance of escaping, myself.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
*don't mean to take over* but reachthestars do you have instructions on how to make those cages??? I think that might be the solution to my problem!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts