Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Ontario is seemingly making it very hard to become a pet rat owner. I have been doing a lot of research on rats lately trying to find the best cage, the best accessories, the best bedding, and most of all the best place to get your own rats. So far some of these things just aren't working out.

1) The Cage: we have one BIG pet store here and that is Petsmart, which seems to sell a lot more hamster cages then anything that would even near suit a rat. The only place that seems to have appropriate cages is online, BUT make sure they ship to Canada! If not you'll have think you picked out the perfect cage and then find out there's no way you're getting it.

2) The Rat: in all of ontario there are 3 rattery's listed, so finding one in your area is going to be extremely difficult (people don't realize how big Ontario is unless you live here). You think one is good then you get feedback ripping it apart and there goes all your hope.

It is going to take a lot of effort, a lot of shipping, and some gambling on hoping you get nice healthy rats, but that's the only way you're going to be a rat owner around here!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I bought a hamster cage for my rat and she likes it just fine. As long as it's big enough for them to stand up without hitting the ceiling, I think it's fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What part of Ontario are you in? I'm here in Ottawa, and I have had no problem getting absolutely everything I have needed for ratties from Petsmart... the best rat cage they have is called the Luxury Rat Cage, and it's great. If your Petsmart doesn't carry ratty goods, maybe a little road trip is in order :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts