Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Critter Nation Double. (Husband is currently reading directions after unpacking the box. He says he notes that the box is assembled with maximum ease of packing, and most assuredly NOT in the order in which the parts are needed.)

I am thinking of getting four of these for the bottoms of the pans, two to be in use, and two to be kept clean for the next cage cleaning.

Still hunting for suitable towels to lay over these -- I don't want terrycloth, as I fear the ratties would catch their nails in it, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable size smooth towel in small enough quantities. (Don't need 144 towels, even for the ratties!)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If you go buy a few yards of fleece, I think that'd work better than towels since most towels tend to have loops. I just started putting bath mats in my double ferret nations and they seem to be fine even with nothing over the top.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I use dish drying mats and love them. I would use fleece over them instead of towels though as kksrats suggested

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something on the order of THIS? One yard for the lower pan? That is, I think, 24" x 36", so I would have enough to fold over the edges of the pan and secure with tablecloth clips so the little monsters don't pull it up as easily...? Might even be enough from the end, since it is 60" wide, to make a hammock or two. (note: "Monster" is a term of endearment around here... Harper Dachs gets called "Little Wretch," Shadow Dachs is "The Great Galoot," and Babette Beagle is "Severe Silliness.")

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What dish drying mats do you use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts