Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! My name is Katie, I am 20 years old, newly married, and I am the new owner of two little male rats, named Wink and Chips!
I've owned rats since I was a kid, though haven't had them for quite a few years. As my husband works night shifts now, I figured why not have some little furry creatures to keep me company!
Wink and Chips are, I'm guessing, around 9 weeks old. I realize pet stores are not the ideal way to go, but I figured those little fuzzy faces looking up at me needed a home too. Wink is almost totally white, standard ears, with one black patch over his right eye. Chips is black with the exception of a white under-belly and feet. They were housed together at the pet store, though I've had Wink a few days longer than I've had Chips.
They seem to be getting along really well, which is great, as I really wanted Wink to have a friend to keep company and snuggle with when I'm in class, at work, etc.
Wink is so named because of his singular black patch over his eye, where as Chips' name was inspired by "The BoxTrolls" movie, and as I was eating some potato chips while thinking of a name for him... ;)
That's about it! Glad to own ratties once more, and glad to have rediscovered this forum full of fun ideas to keep them happy and healthy!

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Katie, Wink, and Chips! Happy posting!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few days ago I cam home from class, peered in my rat cage, and there was a new, unfamiliar face in my cage! My husband apparently was at the pet store and saw a face he couldn't resist. -___-
So, lo' and behold, meet Chewy, so names because he loves to taste and chew everything within reach!
He's a bit more shy than my other 2 boys, but other than a few sniffles, seems to be adjusting well and loves the other two boys (probably because they were tank-mates a week prior).
Here's a picture of him taking a nap in a pillow fort with my other boy,Wink. (Wink has the eye spot, Chewy the brown hood). :)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts