Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first rats Wolf and Chamois have all grown up! :D
They are 1 year and 8 months old now, and theyve had a pretty large cage (60cm x 120cm x 45cm) all to themselves so far...
I adopted them when they were about 3 months old

This is Chamois, he is a fawn hooded. Very inquisitive and confident :)

This is Wolf, he is a dove berkshire. He was slightly more skittish than Chamois but has gotten much more confident :)
He recently had a bruised foot, which was a mystery as to how he got it hurt, but he has healed up well in a few days and now hes running around a lot probably to make up for the few days lost to the bruise.

This was at a temporary place I was staying at, the beaten up table is not mine haha I do apologize for the messiness in front of the cage ;D
Last southern hemisphere summer, I took them with me to a small town 3 hours from my original city of residence because I had to do masters for my fieldwork for 5 months. They had to be kept in a garage there which I felt a little bad about (they are usually in my bedroom) but they did get a really large area to free range in! It was quite funny to run around in a safe, roomy area with two rats closely at my heel :D

I definitely have to get more good photos of Wolf, Chamois is generally much easier to take photos of as hes more likely to stay put and deal with the camera haha

They are very energetic boys, not as crazy as most girls (from what Ive seen in rat videos) but energetic enough to run around a lot during free range time. I was secretly hoping for lazy boys when I first got them, because I wanted snuggly rat cuddles haha
They have yet to be non-energetic enough to sit and cuddle for a long enough time that would warrant it being called 'cuddle time', but now that I feel like they are sleeping slightly more these days I'd think I'll be sad if they lose their energetic selves to their age :(

I hope they stay healthy and live long lives! <3

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are far too handsome! You are a lucky owner to call those two hunks yours c: take care of yourself as well as them! Their coats are absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw thank you very much! Ill be sure to pass your compliment on to the ratties :D
I do feel very lucky to have those two, very good looking brothers from a rescue rat litter ;D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just recently realised that Chamois might actually be a varieberk, instead of hooded. His back and rump is are both all colored and only has the whites coming up his sides. So I think the 'hood' line on the back is way too wide.. What do you guys think? I dont know much about the genetics of markings, but maybe it makes sense since his brother Wolf is a berkshire?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.