Rat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
she was absolutely not eating the babies

she was cleaning up the birthing sacks & umbilical cords

read the notes:
Date taken Mar. 2006- I am posting this for educational purposes. The birth in this video is an uncomplicated typical rat birth. Mom and babies did great. Please dont breed your rat for fun. This female was a pregant rescue. She also is my "heart rat", my best friend. Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The mom's also have to lick the babies and stimulate them to help them go to the bathroom too. :) They are constantly cleaning their babies all the time.
Want to see another cute one of some 2 week old greedy babies of mine?
They are so cute at 2 weeks old when the eyes are open and they wander out of their nest.
No rest for momma rat here. Giggle

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=56jMd6Dz4Fs

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankies hun, they're so sweet!.... moms found the perfect place for feeding the bubbas huh?... thought that was amusing.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you and I couldn't believe it when I saw her do that and especially at the end when the little one crawled into her arms in the wheel and forced her way in to nurse.
I don't think anything was so moving and tug at the heart watching this.
Sure was a lucky camera shot. :) No wonder they can thrive well as long as we srt up their cages where they can get to everything okay.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awwwwwwww wow..... theres nothing so sweet as seeing a mommy rattie with her babies, there skin must be so delicate and fragile that it just shows how gentle the mom is being when picking them up even tho it looks rough...

·
Registered
28 Posts
daisy184 love your cute little signature. That is adorable. :)
Yes they are so pure, soft and innocent. I love kissing them and so muich fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A few years ago my mouse had babies (I got her from a feeder bin) and I got to see her have her babies. It is such an awesome thing to see. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
It sure is and especially watching them change every day. They are such dedicated loving moms too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts