Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew about the new bedding called woody pet. my mother recently bought some for her dogs and horses and its really cheap. it says it can be used for hamsters and rabbits and the like but it also says right on the bag that its not meant for ingestion. does that mean its harmful if ingested or is it a silly disclaimer for people stupid enough to try feeding it their horses? it says it swells considerably when wet, so would it pose a choking hazard to curious rats? it doesn't say what material the product is made of either. if anyone has any info on this product i'd very much like to hear it. its a heck of a lot cheaper then the stuff i use now and it claims to last longer then other bedding product going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
i have used it before. it is made of pine i think. it works great as bedding. i never had a problem with the rats eating it or anything. only thing is once it is wet it falls apart into real fine sawdust. but you can just use a scoop to clean the cages. it doesnt make a mess unless you have like a rabbit that runs around the cage and throws the bedding that way.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top