Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, sorry i wasnt clear enough, i was worried that because they will be small that they may be able to get through the bars?

will they or not?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think I read 1" x 2" is the largest the bar spaceing could be? If it is too big while they grow up you could purchase hardware cloth or screen and zip tie it on the outside.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
how big is the aquarium you have for a back up? my baby is in a cage right now that has bar spacing of about 1/4 of an inch tall and 1/2 inch long I couldn't view the picture that you posted for some reason it said my cookies weren't enabled but they are very odd indeed. And if they can fit their heads through they can get out LOL my little man is a dwarf rat and he can fit through the bars on the super pet cages

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
oh my that is small I guess I am spoiled LoL my back up aquarium is one of those 150 - 200 gallon things I use it when I have a very tempermental rat so he gets used to my hand being down in his cage. It worked with Iriquois and so far it is working with Fizzgig that and popcorn but that is off the subject.

How many rats are you getting? It says that cage can hold five rats if the space is used properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts