Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two rats. One is a slighly larger white rat and the other is a hooded rat that is slighly smaller. However the smaller one seems to be bullying the larger one. I thought they were just playing and perhaps even being somewhat territorial but a few days ago I picked up the white rat and found that she had several wounds on her underbelly and around her hind legs. The smaller rat also bit me when I reached into the cage. She only did it once and hasn't since but it was strange.

Should I be worried about keeping these rats together? Is there a reason why the one is being so aggressive? I don't want to re-home the smaller one but she is a handful both with the other rat and she isn't responding to training at all either. She seems to just want to run wild.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have you tried immersion training? It sounds like this little rat thinks it's alpha and is taking it out on your other one. If your rat is covered in wounds it's probably time to temporarily seperate her and try to sort this out individually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only got one cage so I don't know if I can separate them. Though I guess I could just put something down to separate the top and bottom of the cages. What is immersion training?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts