Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture of Torgo. He is not dead, though not for any effort on HIS part.

I feel like that after eating at a Chinese buffet.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Haha thats funny, ya boy rats are lazy, they are more of lap rats, on the other hand girl rats are more entergetic. Thats a cute picture.

Is he in his cage? Is that grass thats is his bedding, or is he outside?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AustinXAPMX3 said:
Haha thats funny, ya boy rats are lazy, they are more of lap rats, on the other hand girl rats are more entergetic. Thats a cute picture.

Is he in his cage? Is that grass thats is his bedding, or is he outside?
I had just finished cleaning out his cage and filled his digging box with dirt. He was just laying there while Melissa did all the work creating burrow. I love dirt and grass for bedding, it eliminates odor, give them something to dig in, but tend to be messy on the carpet.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh just wondering. Ha Ha its cool to find someone else on these forums that live in UTAH! Utah rocks! lol :lol: Where in Provo do you live?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AustinXAPMX3 said:
Oh just wondering. Ha Ha its cool to find someone else on these forums that live in UTAH! Utah rocks! lol :lol: Where in Provo do you live?
Just off 500 west near the Albertsons. Does that mean you are in UT?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya when i post look to your left of my post and it shows my location :D
I dont really know where your talking about I live in Salt Lake City near the Temple.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cute picture! Male rats are extremely lazy. My boys do that alot! Though when their young, males and females are both energetic.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The first time my boys did that I thought they were both dead. Now I know better and just leave them alone :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ha ha if i came home to see my rat sleeping like that i would freek out thinking it was dead :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
HA I woulda thought he was dead, but that pic's so silly. When Shoki's in the mood for it i give him a lil scratch under his chin and after a few min he falls asleep...i do it long enough and his mouth goes open and he rolls on his side....looks like he playing dead.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i have girls that will do that. and one of my girls is more a cuddle bug then one of my boys. i agree that as a general rule boys are lazier then girls but there is always the exception.

and i LOVE that picture!

but i have to ask, you use the dirt as litter? i've never heard of that before. how much do you put in? how effective is it at odor control and absorption compared to other methods you've used? how often do you change it out? what type of dirt and of course where do you get it? i'm sorry for the bombardment of questions its just i've never heard of this done before and i'm always on the look out for better alternatives.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yes, i had heard of digging boxes but i had gotten the impression that njal was using it was a litter. i've talked to her since and she uses it as a litter box rather then a full covering of the bottom tray but still as litter. its the litter aspect that caught my interest. and i've got to say, her logic make sense so i'm going to look into doing it myself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for the compliments on Torgo! and FYI, I am a dude. (must be having one of those days....)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
the majority of members here are female and frankly, i can't see through the screen. for the most part the application of a gender descriptive is arbitrary.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
twitch said:
the majority of members here are female and frankly, i can't see through the screen. for the most part the application of a gender descriptive is arbitrary.
:lol: So, does that mean I'm not the only one who's refered to one person in both genders? :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts