Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watching them for a while you for sure can see how smart they are. id guess there even smarter then the avg dog

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well they are one of the top 10 smartest animals and dogs aren't even in that number, animals like whales and dolphins are. They're able to squeeze through a drain hole, it's crazy!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they can also squeeze thru small openings. i had a cage with 3/4 bars and one was able to get out.now 1/2 inch and all is good

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep haha, I wouldn't get anything bigger than 1/2 an inch. I was looking at a ferret cage that was absolutely perfect, 180cm tall and only $100! But the spacing was way too big so now I have to look for a bird aivary and add platforms into it and take out the perches, not to mention spend an extra $200 for something that's smaller and more expensive to do up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did have a look at them but there just not big enough for me, my current cage is about the same size as them but I want one that is really tall rather than wide because my girls love to climb, and also my fiancé and I are super tall so we hate leaning down and having to get into a weird position to get them out. We'd rather just walk up to the cage and reach in to get them :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oddly enough im short and about the same height as my cage.. i thought about adding a new level.but then it would be hard to get them out.it would make the cage over 7 feet high...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
even when they run on there wheel together it takes smarts. they have to know to run in same direction and same speed which they do perfectly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts