Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My skinny rescue rats have a new favorite food. Chicken dinner baby food. :) I diluted it slightly with warm water and put it on a plate and they are happily lapping it up! YAY Half of the cage is over a heating pad and they have lots of soft cloth to curl up in. Cage is covered on three sides, since they are hairless and so skinny I want to keep them warm. They don't feel cold to the touch anymore. I'm so happy, they just might make it. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
katy_green said:
My skinny rescue rats have a new favorite food. Chicken dinner baby food. :) I diluted it slightly with warm water and put it on a plate and they are happily lapping it up! YAY Half of the cage is over a heating pad and they have lots of soft cloth to curl up in. Cage is covered on three sides, since they are hairless and so skinny I want to keep them warm. They don't feel cold to the touch anymore. I'm so happy, they just might make it. :)
Thats great news!! I hope they continue to do better :D

When my boy got his naughty bits ripped open I bought a Beneful prepared meal for him. They are a bit expensive ($2 a piece in some places) but they have a plastic lid so you can reseal them and because the rats dont eat that much they last a while.

The protein is 11.0% and fat is 2%. I gave it to him because he had lost a decent amount of weight. He loved it and now every once in awhile I'll buy one and give everyone a little spoonful for a treat. The ingredients and nutrition info are available here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts