Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was VERY scared when that fluid came out, never seen it before, it didn't come back, she is not in pain, 6 months old, I think, it didn't smell, what is this? It wasn't goopy, more like pee.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
If it wasn't pee, I would guess it's some sort of infection vaginally. But I've never heard of it scaring a rat to be leaking infected fluids.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't seem like an infection, it was VERY yellow, almost radioactively colored, could it of have been poop? She pooped allot of fear poops before and after I saw the color. It was spread, it was all over the vagina and the anus, also not just a small spot on the vagina like pus would be.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sounds like urine to me. Was the liquid clear or thick and cloudy? Does she have white fur? Urine can be all sorts of shades of yellow depending on diet, and generally doesn't smell when its fresh.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is black and white, black hooded is what its called, so the butt area is white, it wasn't thick and cloudy, and on the paper it didn't have a color, but on the fur it was extremely yellow, like some kind of curry sauce color.

·
Registered
955 Posts
LOL curry sauce. I'd say since she was scared and fear pooping at the time then it was probably just concentrated urine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts