Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Read "Success...Kinda" first) Last night Mouse came out to play again and when she crawled out Cinna-Bun just looked so sad and lonely that I "pesuaded" her ( ok fine, I tricked her but it was for her own good!) with some rice Krispies and picked her up as nice as I could. At first she was a little shy and just hid in the crook of my elbow while we laid on the couch so Collin (brother) let Mouse come play on my couch with Cinna-Bun. After that there was no stopping them. They were evreywhere! In my shirt, on the table, on the other couch, in my pant leg, on top of the blanky, and my favorite is when they came to inspect my face. Thier personalitys are really starting to show as well. Although Mouse was the first to come out willingly and seemed to be the alpha, curious rat she has the perfect balance of curiosity and cuddlyness! Whenever there is a loud noise ( I live with to brothers) she came running to hide in the collar of my sweatshirt and would cuddle with my cheek and begin to Brux ( if thats what its called). Cinna- Bun on the other hand is ready to search every nook and crany with out second thought. She will snuggle occasionaly but only with knee or other body part that is covered by a blanket or out of my eye sight. She is still a little skittish at times and does not like to be held and hopefully that will change with time. We laid on the couchs for Five hours! Of course there were some naps and snacks but overall we mostly just played and hung out, it was great! :D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Well done! :)

I wouldn't feel too bad about 'persuading' Cinna-Bun out - sometimes forced socialization is just what they need to realise 'oh, hang on, being outside ISN'T that bad after all' lol.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
there ya go... you've just proven that brothers do have a use... sometimes, haha!!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
that's wonderful to hear. i love spending the day with my rats and its extra special when the new ones start to get confident and have some fun too. congradulations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts