Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im batamodles friend, and I met her rats a few months back. I grew to like them, and decided to get one myself. I went to a local pet shop and bought a feeder rat, as no breeders are in my area. I got hime home, and noticed his testicles were a little funny shaped, but I thought it might have been becasue he was so young. Ive had him for nearly a month now, and hes a big baby. he always want pet, and licks your hand like hes petting you back. The thing is, though his right teste has returned to normal size/shape, his left has only doubled in size, curving around the other. It is rather red. He doesnt show any discomfort by it at all, and aside from that, hes an extremely happy, healthy baby boy. Is this something I should be worried about? Driving nearly 50 miles to the nearest exotics vet is the last thing i want to do, but if it actually comes to it, I absolutely will. Could this maybe just be from puberty or something similar? Bata has some antibiotics left from her grommit, should I try them? Help appreciated.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Could you post pics? I know that sounds really strange but it would help. Are they always large and red or just once in a while? When my boys get warm or hot their *goods* get bigger and red

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Ive looked into the foreskin thing for batas rat. Ill try and get a pic up. Yes hes alone. Hes very young, and it seems like his right one just hasnt dropped yet. its only the left one. It doesnt seem to bother him, and it feels like its normal. its just bigger than the other... idk... like I said, hopefully ill find a camera for a pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts