Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I went with my younger sister to the pet shop to look at bird cages (as she's getting a bird). I've never been there before, but my friend recommended it as it has good cages. Anyway, so I was looking around and then I noticed there was a back room which had some animals. I went to look and found dirty bird cages containing dirty, angry birds. What shocked me most was there was a momma rat there looking after it's little babies (just born). The cage they were in didn't allow her to walk around without stepping on her babies. It was a wire cage and there was no food in sight. The other rats had to be only a few weeks old, and very vicious.

I just thought I would mention this because I think it's stupid of them to not take proper care of their animals. I'm never going there again.

I know there have been many cases like these before but I thought I would share anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OMG. I would have risen **** in that place. Did you mention it to the staff? I would have given them a really good talking to. That's awful that those poor little darlings had such a horrible home and a changed personality because of their improper care.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm doing the best that I can do. I've reported them to the Animal Control Agency like you said, but they first want to check the place out.

I'll keep you updated if you'd like :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts