Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy them? I've been to a few supermarkets but all they have are the liquid yogurt which is among the milk/soda/water section.

I want to try giving them these because I've read that yogurt drops can be handy when training.

I live in the Philippines btw. Can anyone help?

Oh, I also want to ask. Is feeding them mealworms okay? They seem to like mealworms a lot. They'd jump onto me just to get one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Heres a pic of yogurt drops that are made for ferrets...

There are also other brands that have yogurt chips, or yogurt covered treats (Katee, VitaKraft, LM Animal Farms, ect.) You can buy yogurt drops/ect. at petstores or animal supply stores(like for livestock/ birds.) Or Petsmart.com or Petco.com , may ship to your area.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i havent found yogies here, but in the health food section of supermarkets here in aussieland, there are packets of dried fruit and yoghurt snacks marketed as snacks for kids. i get these for my ratties and they go nuts over the yoghurt drops, not so much over the dried fruit though. you might have something similar in the phillipines. i tried looking on this company's website for a picture of what i get, but there isnt one.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Yogies = sugar, fats, colourings and preservatives. I don't feed them anymore. I use healthy treats now. My rats snatch baby puffs and peas as fast as a yogie. :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I get them from the pet food area at the supermarket, or the pet store. Be careful to give only the ones that are packaged for rats - there are some out there for rabbits and other animals that are much higher in protein. And, as Lilspaz says, they're not exactly healthy, so you don't want to be giving a lot of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With one of our boys, we use fruit or spinach, but the other refuses to recognise these things as food, so we give him Living World Rat Drops. They're good because they can be easily broken up into little pieces, so that, if you're worried about sugars, you don't have to give them a full one at once.

Most pet stores around here carry them, but if that's not the case where you live, you can get them online at Seapet.co.uk:

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/667722/category/859.html

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts