Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, you said we should get another rat to keep Oreo company and we did. She is fawn colored and very sweet. I will take pics hopefully by tomorrow and put them up on the blog. Stay tuned.

-----------------------------------------------------------
http://onaridge.blogspot.com

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yay! Oreo will be so happy! :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
She looks a little dark for a fawn, but man, lookit that face! Awww...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Fawns are very orangey. Your new girl might be mink? She's very cute! :D

That cage will be too small for them when they grow up (I have the same one). It could work if you took out the wheel and gave them a lot of free time, but it would be best to start thinking about/saving up for a bigger cage ^_^

·
Registered
407 Posts
Too cute!

I have that cage too - I attached it to 3 others for some of the rescues we get in (after proper QT and introductions of course!)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The cage is all right, but it will get small for them... If neither rat likes a wheel you could cut it out, I suppose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update: rats are doing very well and my son loves them. I have actually enjoyed their company as well. They are kinda cute.

The cat has been found on top of the cage, just sitting there. Then he lost interest and no longer bothers them.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Cute little ratties!

I have that cage and what people say is true, it's rather on the small side. But my girls are almost never in there unles they're asleep, as long as you make sure that the ratties get lots of out time, then you can make it work with some modification.

I left the wheel in because they started to use it, but I may yet take it out. Another good thing to do is move the bottom ladder and make it a shelf. I clipped it in front of the door, which added a nice space for them. Also, I clipped fabric underneath the top shelf to make a hammock, which is their all time favorite place to sleep, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh the hammock is a great idea! Any pics of this modified shelf and hammock? Right now they love to squoosh into the empty feed trough.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Beautiful new girl! I would like to add my vote to the "She looks like a mink to me" group. Blazed faces take my breath away every time. Which is probably why I'm concidering adopting another girl from my local rescue :p.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
windyridge- yes, there are photos, I actually put some up right before I read your post. They're under "my cage" (I'm soooo origional) under the Rat Homes forum. I'm still trying to figure the best way to use this cage, probably the wheel is going to go, and if I could add anther shelf where the wheel was, it would be pretty good. But that metal's so THICK, I haven't been able to figure out how to get the darn thing off!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts