Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so next weekend is the long awaited weekend when I am going to get Paris a friend. Finally, I know.

It's really stressing me out though, I know in the long run she'll be happier but now I'm just worried. I even had a crazy dream.

I dreamt I bought her a rat friend and it grew to be huge, and it had a huge baby boy. I looked in the cage and they had killed Paris and ate her!
And even though they were huge they could squeeze out of the cage, and for some reason i had parrots and they were even killing the parrots and eating them!

Has anyone had such anxiety about this?
I've researched this a ton, but just incase I'm missing anything? What are they key factors I need to know?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had an anxiety dream about my boyfriend finding this tree-frog... and then the frog turned into a snake and it ate my rat girls. I think I only had the dream because my boyfriend was being grumpy the day before and hadn't been interested in the rats very much for the last week and I was starting to wonder if he didn't like them (he has since gone back to playing with them daily).
I wouldn't invest too much into the dream- my boyfriend would never feed rats to a snake and your rat will not be eaten by its friend :D
I'm sure you've done tons of research already but here's a quick few links to look at to be fully prepared:
Care Guide
General and Rat Introduction Advice

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, why do we think things are going to eat our girls? That's a pretty crazy dream as well.

I'm glad nothing bad came of it, puts me at ease.

I did look up the words "rat" and "eat" in a dream dictionary and rat meant trouble to come and eat mean pleasure to come. So maybe they balance eachotehr out and mean nothing!

Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I don't think a rat means trouble to come for someone with pet rats... and something eating the pet rat wouldn't be pleasure to come (as a person dreaming they are eating might.)

I think it sounds like understandable nervousness and perhaps worry about something else... something being out of your control or something... if we're reading into the dream. :lol:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Lol i had a dream that my dog ate mine and my mums rats and i kept finding rat teeth everywhere - what a weird dream aye

Hmm just guna check the dog lol

Nah i think we all have little dreams like that because were thinkin about the subject
Jess x

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, the first night we had Roxie I had a dream that I got her out of the cage and she was suddenly missing an eye...I dunno. lol I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure you're just anxious, and all will be well. =)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I get that sort of anxious when I go rat cage shopping (not rat shopping - just the cages LOL) I went to get a rabbit cage for Jake (single story) and I spent the entire night dreaming I was stuck in a pet store with Ray and two hairless girls kept crawling around under shelves.

All very weird

At least you know you're not the only one now :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one, thanks everyone for sharing. I guess I'm just hoping the move goes ok.

You'll all be happy to know I had a dreamed last night that I picked out a black and white spotted rat lol, and Paris and the new girl became best friends!

I guess you all have put my mind at ease.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hahaha I have had Luna for a lil over two weeks now and just recently I had a dream about her having mites. Well in real life thats what the vet came up with. In the Dream she ends up giving mites to all my other animals. They started out microscopic and but the end of the dream the mites were the size of cats and were chasing all the humans. And it wasn't just one dream I woke up all night so every time I went back to sleep the dream kept continuing.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think I dreamed Belgie was a chinchilla last night. I distinctly remember thinking of her as a rat during the dream, but then when I woke up, I was like, waaaiiittt, she looked like a chinchilla! Even though Sevilla still looked like a rat. And poor my poor shy little Lola didn't even feature! It was crazy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AceYourFace said:
Hahaha I have had Luna for a lil over two weeks now and just recently I had a dream about her having mites. Well in real life thats what the vet came up with. In the Dream she ends up giving mites to all my other animals. They started out microscopic and but the end of the dream the mites were the size of cats and were chasing all the humans. And it wasn't just one dream I woke up all night so every time I went back to sleep the dream kept continuing.
Wow, I'll probably dream of that tonight. I'm so afraid of mine getting mites. Hopefully it won't happen! Well at least we know they won't get as big as cats!

CaptainFlow said:
I think I dreamed Belgie was a chinchilla last night. I distinctly remember thinking of her as a rat during the dream, but then when I woke up, I was like, waaaiiittt, she looked like a chinchilla! Even though Sevilla still looked like a rat. And poor my poor shy little Lola didn't even feature! It was crazy.
Isn't that weird? In dreams your totally ok with the really strange things, you just act like nothings different and then you think about it and you're like hey! wait a minuete!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had several dreams that I forgot about my rats (which sometimes were in a cage with rabbits, hamsters or guinea pigs) and I hadn't fed them in some time and they were weak and dying and I was feeling horribly guilty...I'd never forget about them in real life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts