Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my eldest rat Bobby is three now and has HLD. He's pretty frail looking and requires a lot of TLC since rat bodies don't tend to last as long as the rats themselves sometimes! He did live with my neutered male Tyrion who passed away recently, Tyrion was brilliant with him, grooming him really gently and cuddling with him. While Tyrion was alive i got a third male rat, Casper. Casper was an adult when i got him and fully grown but i think he was pretty young, definitely under a year. Anyway, he was mostly just interested in Tyrion since he could actually climb and interact with him but now it's just Bobby and Casper left.

I've witnessed Casper standing on Bobby's head and marking him. I'm worried about the urine getting in his eyes and it also leads to him smelling like wee most of the time. He also grooms him far too roughly to the point where Bobby actually hisses at him. Another problem was that Casper would take all the food to the highest level where Bobby couldn't reach it but since then Bobby has stopped being able to eat solid food anyway so it isn't a problem as i take him out and feed him separately now. Other than that they get on fine, they do cuddle together and are well bonded other than the two issues mentioned above. I don't think Casper is being deliberately spiteful, i just think he's treating Bobby like another young male when he's actually kinda ancient.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts