1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya

so what is ur rats fav snack/treat

Mine love rice crispies as a treat
And they love scrambled eggs as a snack :)

how about ur ratties
Jess x

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
What they don't like is an easier question. :lol:

Bacardi loves yogies, but I try not to feed those too often, but he also loves bread, especially with a little olive oil.

Perry loves peas.

Guinness loves baby food, especially sweet potato...

Baileys likes cereal... must be the crunch.

And Puck and Jack like whatever the other one has.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brocolli, Tamatoes, cherrios, strawberry and he ocassioal all natural popcorn. their favorite petstore treat are the ratatouille Le Bon Croissant.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol
Mine are munchin on rice crispies like crazy today lol - even my rattie Stella who never takes from my hands is taking the rice crispies lol
Jess x

·
Registered
24 Posts
yoggies, she tries to stash it and come back for another one
dried fruit..not raisins tho
lil pieces of chocolate
granola bars
whatever she sees me eating!!!!!
basically anything that my rattie shouldn't have, it loves!!!
if she hears a package crinkiling i have to show her my hands so she can see that i'm not eating anything and then she'll pause and look at my mouth waiting to see if i put anything in it!!!.... quite a smart girl!!!
i love ratties!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ours love sunflower seeds. So much that we leave them out of the Suebees mix and feed them to them as treats instead.

In fact, when I put the little ziplock tub on top of their cage instead of putting it away I noticed two of them standing up on their hind legs to sniff the container and another jumped to the top of the cage and was crawling (hanging upside down) on the cage top to get a closer look. I wonder how long it would have taken them to figure out how to get the container open so the seeds would all spill into their cage!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm im going to try mine with sunflower seeds i think :)

Mine are curruntly eating rice crispies and crunchy nut cornflakes a treat/snack but there in need of fruit and veg as they havnt had any for like 3 days as mummy lets them eat cereals/grains/protein lol
Mine will stand to look at the rice crispies cup on top of there cage
Jess x

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dried mine with sweetcorn tonight (they have had the ripend corn on the cob stuff) but this was normal canned sweetcorn-i tried them with it they loved it so i put some in there salad and they went crazy over it :)
Jess x

·
Registered
229 Posts
Dust loves just about everything I've ever given her aside from medicine. I gave her some sugar-free blueberry yogurt the other day and she wasn't too sure about it at first, but later picked out a blueberry chunk from the yogurt and carried it off to suck on it (I found the skin behind their cage).

Gohma is kind of picky about treats though.
She's open to trying anything once (hey, at least she's open-minded), but usually decides after the first bite that she doesn't like it.

She ate grapes the first day I brought her and Dust home, then wouldn't eat them again.
She ate peas the second day, then lost interest.
She ate dark chocolate, and... liked it a lot, but because it's chocolate it's an extremely rare treat and I haven't given her any more.
And she likes romaine lettuce.

But it's easy to say that both the girls' most favorite treat is Regal Rat food. They aren't allowed to eat it as a regular diet yet, because they're too young, but I give it to them as a daily treat and they LOVE it. Dust will eat it even if she's full, and Gohma will take it, eat it if she's hungry, and stash it if she's not.... and then Dust will come and steal it from Gohma's stash. :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
Templeton is a little picky about treats, I just tried to give him half of an M&M;he didn't like it, I just tried to give a bit of my scrampleed eggs; smelled, didn't want it, I gave a little of my yogurt and he liked off my finger though!

He loves carrots, apples, cheese, peanuts, and especially loves yogies!

He isn't to picky, maybe he just likes the simple foods! lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i gave mine some half frozen runner beans tonight - they all took some and ran off with it

cage cleaning tonight so they get to play in the bath lol

Jess x

·
Registered
166 Posts
Makura and Mohfu (baby rat boys) love baby carrots and romaine, and get jealous if I feed the guinea pig her ration first! They also like berry flavored yogies, and worry about being forgotten if they see me feeding yogies to my Amazon before them! Rats are funny that way. :)

·
Registered
Widget & Gadget
323 Posts
Domino is insane for his weekly cod-liver oil capsule, he practically bites my hand to get it off me. Other than that he's an apple monster. The little ones are a bit young to have many treats yet, but they so far love lettuce. All three of them desperately try to get head-first into my cup of tea if they can get close enough! :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
well...this morning I tried giving Templeton some blueberries and some tomatoe. He didn't like them!! Then, again, It is a bit early in the morning. I might try them again later today. Since he didn't like that stuff, I just settled on giving him some carrots and a tennsy tiny bit of cheese. :)

P.S.
right konw he is in my sweatshirt sleeve! :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Iloveratz500 said:
Templeton is a little picky about treats, I just tried to give him half of an M&M;he didn't like it, I just tried to give a bit of my scrampleed eggs; smelled, didn't want it, I gave a little of my yogurt and he liked off my finger though!

I don't think you should give your rat chocolate. Shuld you? Please reply back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Eliza said:
Iloveratz500 said:

I don't think you should give your rat chocolate. Shuld you? Please reply back.
Actually rats can have chocolate in moderation.

http://spazrats.tripod.com/chocolate.html

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yes, they can have chocolate in moderation, but it's usually only given to help with respiratory distress, I think. And that would be dark chocolate, not milk. Because many rats are lactose-intolerant, and that can cause an upset tummy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts