Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
December 2011 to November 5, 2015
My awesome rattie, Zelda, passed away tonight. Over the last 6 months she had lost the use of her back legs. But with my help she didn't care, anywhere she needed to go I took her. She had a couple small benign mammary tumors that didn't bother her at all. And her never ending cold responded well to Baytrill but never really went away. But she got 3 abscesses one after the other. I treated them all and they went away but a 4th appeared. This one would not go away and started to eat into her lower belly. The smell was awful! Nothing I did could stop this fucking thing from slowly expanding. I noted 3 days ago that it was staring to touch her pee hole. Last night it had actually pushed her pee hole to the side a tiny bit. Now today, she can't pee at all. I had no choice and put her down :'(

Registered
Awwwwww, that's so sad. I am sorry. She is romping over the rainbow bridge with all four legs馃槉. You gave her a good long life and sounds like lots of love.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am sure she is resting well now. :)

Banned
The last months with an old and sickly rat are hard on the care giver, but they are intimate and special. In some ways its an act of love on your part that kept her going so long and she hung on to be with you. Zelda sounds like she was a very important rat and she knew it.

Life is short, but love is eternal. Vita brevis, sed amor aeterna est.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts