Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ziggy crossed the rainbow bridge at ten to one this morning. He'd been struggling to breath since two in the afternoon. I think he may have had a stroke since his hind legs stopped working. I just held him, and he snuggled close up against my shoulder when it was time. It was very peaceful after the initial symptoms came, like a clock winding down. He was always such a sweet, gentle boy, never even fussing when I had to remove a bot fly from him. He was my calmest rat, and the only one I'd take a rat nap with. He used to recognize my footsteps and climb to his cage door to meet me.

Oddly enough his best animal friend after his brother Tembo was my cat Dee. He used to lay on her side. I showed her his body after he passed, and she's been meowing more than ususal. She misses him too.

No more will my old gentleman
greet me at his door,
no more to climb to meet me
when he hears my footsteps on the floor.
No more will we share nap time,
no more quiet times watching tv.
God called him home across the bridge
so far away from me.
Part of him is with me,
joined to my very soul.
Without him snuggled in my shirt
I can not feel I'm whole.
Be with the others sweet Ziggy,
join in the Heavenly play
til the circle is unbroken
when we meet again someday.

http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/Ilovemybabyrats/media/071_zps5a4ca609.jpg.html?sort=3&o=390

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a peaceful passing and a wonderful life with you, which is all any of us can hope to provide for our fur babies. Your poem is so beautiful and very touching, it really shows how much Ziggy truly meant to you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
your poem for him is so precious. its really something we can all relate to. he was a handsome boy. rest in peace ziggy <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts