Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i'm probably going to be picture spamming these babies i thought i'd make a new topic here to show their progress and hopefully them growing up into lovely respectable ratlets!

If you hadn't seen about Zinsa - Heres the link to what happened..
http://www.ratforum.com/showthread.php?225433-Zinsa-New-rehome-rat-I-ve-seen-this-look-before.

She had 9 live babies, all *touch wood* doing well so far, mum is very laid back and generally such a sweet heart.

Anyway, some squidge photos! - I 'think' there are 4 boys and 5 girls... but i'm no expert, and it's quite early days. (Ps, Moonkissed - i spotted that you may have the same mix! getting spooky now! lol)

Click to make them bigger!
Squidge pile up
bubs1.jpg bubs2.jpg bubs4.jpg
Suspected boys
bubs5.jpg bubs6.jpg
Suspected Girls
bubs3.jpg bub7.jpg

Hope you like the pix!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zinsa is just copying us now lol :)

They are so adorable! The little whiskers are heart melting. I love the blackness of them. Mine still look all pink because they will be white lol.
Aww bless them, I remember when I took in my last pregnant girls, they were all very light, It's strange seeing the dark colour on them this early! - like little sausages lol!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day 3!

Here's some updated photos from the lovely 9 bubs that Zinsa popped out!

Click for bigger

A mixture of bubs!
smushpile1.jpg smushpile2.jpg smushpile3.jpg
The Boys!
TheBoys1.jpg boysandgirls.jpg
The Girls!
Thegirls.jpg thegirls2.jpg thegirls3.jpg thegirls4.jpg

All, and Mum seem to be doing brilliantly... Zinsa loves her play time out on the bed, she gallops around and hides food under my pillow, which i find at 3am when i shift position.. (Thanks Zinsa) ... hope to post more tomorrow :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, i was going to ask... with this photo, Thegirls.jpg ... The two in the middle seem to have different colour pigmentation coming through, Is it due to them possibly being different colours altogether like an agouti or something? Or is it just it comes through at slightly different rates... ?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Also, i was going to ask... with this photo, View attachment 178097 ... The two in the middle seem to have different colour pigmentation coming through, Is it due to them possibly being different colours altogether like an agouti or something? Or is it just it comes through at slightly different rates... ?
It could be that they're a different color, though technically agouti would be more prevalent than black if that was the case, but I've also never had agouti pups so I've never witnessed what the skin pigment coming in would look like. It may just be that some are developing their pigment slower than others? I got really excited with my last litter because some of them looked like they would be blue, but it just turned out that their black pigment just looked a little different (they were hairless and rex pups).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Day 4!

Boys!
forweb1-Boysday4.jpg
Girls!
forweb3-girlsday4.jpg forweb4-3girls-day4.jpg forweb8-pileday4.jpg

forweb6-pileday4.jpg forweb1-pileday4.jpg forweb5-pileday4.jpg forweb7-pileday4.jpg

It could be that they're a different color, though technically agouti would be more prevalent than black if that was the case, but I've also never had agouti pups so I've never witnessed what the skin pigment coming in would look like. It may just be that some are developing their pigment slower than others? I got really excited with my last litter because some of them looked like they would be blue, but it just turned out that their black pigment just looked a little different (they were hairless and rex pups).
The more time that goes on the more there is becoming quite a difference in the colours of them,... i suppose time will tell!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Omg...that picture with the three little jelly bean butts! And you're right, it does look a little more pronounced than it did. Won't be too long before you'll be able to tell for sure!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Day 5!

Boys! -

Girls! -

All Together! -

And one cute close-up D'aww *bursts*

1 - 20 of 73 Posts